Share this Post
In our Western context baptism is a work. An ordinance. Something we do out of obedience alone, but which works nothing in us. An outward sign of an inward commitment. And because we are good Lutherans, what do we do? Get triggered! “It’s not a symbol, it saves! It’s not our work, it’s God’s work! It’s not obedience, it’s grace!” But there’s another way to engage…without being triggered.
Our pastors today are Andrew Dierks of Trinity Lutheran Church in Arenzville, IL and Steve Andrews of Saint Matthew Lutheran Church in Lee’s Summit, MO.
Presented by Crucial Productions – Teaching you Christianity so you can pass it on.
Got questions? Email them to email@example.com
Subscribe to the podcast
iTunes – http://bit.ly/CruxTunes
Stitcher – http://bit.ly/CruxStitch
Google Play Music – http://bit.ly/CruxPlay
Or just open up your favorite podcast app and search for “Crucial Productions”
Socialize with us!
Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/CrucialProductions/
Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheGrokmoot/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/cruxproductions
Latest posts by Crucial Productions (see all)
- Crucial Conversations 077 | Finding Jesus in Psalm 13 (Hermeneutics 101) - July 21, 2021
- Crucial Conversations 076 | The Most Important Verse in the Old Testament (Hermeneutics 101) - June 28, 2021
- Bible in 5 | Matthew - January 4, 2021
- Crucial Conversations 075 | How to Understand Jesus and the Woman at the Well (Hermeneutics 101) - December 30, 2020
- Crucial Conversations 074 | How to Read the Parable of the Sower (Hermeneutics 101) - December 23, 2020