Share this Post
In our Western context baptism is a work. An ordinance. Something we do out of obedience alone, but which works nothing in us. An outward sign of an inward commitment. And because we are good Lutherans, what do we do? Get triggered! “It’s not a symbol, it saves! It’s not our work, it’s God’s work! It’s not obedience, it’s grace!” But there’s another way to engage…without being triggered.
Our pastors today are Andrew Dierks of Trinity Lutheran Church in Arenzville, IL and Steve Andrews of Saint Matthew Lutheran Church in Lee’s Summit, MO.
Presented by Crucial Productions – Teaching you Christianity so you can pass it on.
Got questions? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to the podcast
iTunes – http://bit.ly/CruxTunes
Stitcher – http://bit.ly/CruxStitch
Google Play Music – http://bit.ly/CruxPlay
Or just open up your favorite podcast app and search for “Crucial Productions”
Socialize with us!
Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/CrucialProductions/
Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheGrokmoot/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/cruxproductions
Latest posts by Crucial Productions (see all)
- Crucial Conversations 067 | Is Critical Theory Christian? - July 2, 2020
- Crucial Conversations 066 | Where Do Pastors Come From? - June 22, 2020
- Crucial Conversations 065 | When the World Demands an Answer - June 10, 2020
- Crucial Conversations 062 | What is Church? - June 2, 2020
- Crucial Conversations 064 | Christ’s Ascension was for you - May 27, 2020