In our Western context baptism is a work. An ordinance. Something we do out of obedience alone, but which works nothing in us. An outward sign of an inward commitment. And because we are good Lutherans, what do we do? Get triggered! “It’s not a symbol, it saves! It’s not our work, it’s God’s work! It’s not obedience, it’s grace!” But there’s another way to engage…without being triggered.
Our pastors today are Andrew Dierks of Trinity Lutheran Church in Arenzville, IL and Steve Andrews of Saint Matthew Lutheran Church in Lee’s Summit, MO.
Presented by Crucial Productions – Teaching you Christianity so you can pass it on.
Got questions? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to the podcast
iTunes – http://bit.ly/CruxTunes
Stitcher – http://bit.ly/CruxStitch
Google Play Music – http://bit.ly/CruxPlay
Or just open up your favorite podcast app and search for “Crucial Productions”
Socialize with us!
Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/CrucialProductions/
Facebook group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheGrokmoot/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/cruxproductions
Latest posts by Crucial Productions (see all)
- Crucial Conversations 079 | Christ-Centered Preaching with Dr. Joel Biermann - March 9, 2022
- Bible Study | Why do we weary of doing good? (Galatians 6) - February 2, 2022
- Bible Study | Are Christians Allowed to Judge Others? (Galatians 5 and 6) - January 26, 2022
- Bible Study | How, then, Shall we Live? (Galatians 5) - January 19, 2022
- Bible Study | Who Defines Love? (Galatians 5) - January 12, 2022